Sunday 13 July 2008

Learning curve.

I have signed up to some Siberian Husky forums and have had my eyes opened.
In the last couple of months I have learnt a lot.
I have learnt that Keela was far too young to have had pups.
I have learnt that both the dogs should have been hip and eye scored before even contemplating breeding them.
I have learnt that having the responsibility of pups is very hard work.
I have learnt that it is hard to see those pups leave home no matter how hard you vetted the people that gave them homes. I think I will always worry about them.
I have learnt that we will not be doing it again ANY time soon.
I admire my dogs, they have changed my life and I owe them the best I can give.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"...it is hard to see those pups leave home no matter how hard you vetted the people that gave them homes." That is the hard part, isn't it? No matter how good and trustworthy the adoptive pet parents, you'll always have a sense of -- not ownership, exactly, but responsibility. Almost as if they were your own kids. It's weird, but it's true. I don't know how people can do breeding as a business. My heart would break every time.
- - - - - - -
Jack@PDB
dog beds and more